Inspiring, social, tech
Lucius works from the beautiful city of Amsterdam, on the Amstel in a creative stronghold LokaalLokaal : an inspiring, social working community of hundreds people and dozens of companies.
As a PHP developer at team Lucius, you ensure that our systems are put together incredibly well.
What you say at the barbecue:
I build cool online platforms. And no - I will not fix your computer.
What you really do
- Develop and develop new functionalities;
- Constantly improving technologies.
- Improve usability of our systems.
How are you going to do this
You are an all-rounder with an 'owner' mentality in a Scrum team. You have your own specialization, but you should also be able to perform all other tasks within the team.
You prioritize your own work, together with the team and the Product owners. You receive feedback from end customers and can process it independently.
You can find and deploy the right tools for every gig yourself. Choices from the past are never leading.
You work in a motivated team to meet ambitious deadlines.
We always feed good ideas.
Literally and figuratively worldly systems, for national and international customers. Our product Loop and our online portfolio provides excellent insight, but we cannot mention the best projects here.
But come on and we'll tell you everything you want to know!
About Lucius and the future
Our team produces advanced digital systems based on PHP, NodeJS and related techniques. We mainly support creative agencies and strong names; we are constantly developing great stuff like Loop .
We are constantly building our portfolio of partner companies, who always appreciate our added value and vice versa.
We do one thing very well and we want to become the greatest on the planet.
What a day at Lucius could look like
You start in the morning with a stand-up of a maximum of 5 minutes. After which you can do your thing in peace. You manage your own agenda, so work on tasks that you have planned yourself.
A task could be: creating a JSON link between a Drupal 8 backend system and a NodeJS frontend system.
In that case you start with analysis and think out / whiteboard architecture, which you can consult with whoever you think is useful.
After the technical strategy has been determined, you can get started with production: nice, scalable, safe code. And if you receive the issue on the same day, another developer will do a peer review. After which you can process feedback.
Having a buddy (for the Juniors among us)
We don't throw you in the deep end, you get a buddy on the side. The motto in the first months is: ask as much as possible.
Being a buddy (for the Seniors among us)
You constantly improve the skills of junior colleagues, both technical and professional.
And that's not all: new techniques are constantly appearing that we are always curious about.
- Preferably HBO or university educated in an IT / engineering oriented study.
- Preferably several years of work experience as a software developer.
- An 'owner' mindset, not an 'employee' mindset.
- Experienced speaking and writing in English.
- SQL has no more secrets for you.
- A Terminal should not be a black hole for you.
- You have experience with version control (GIT).
- Experience with continuous integration systems (eg Jenkins) is a bonus.
- Developing Scrum / Agile feels innate.
- You can improve colleagues' skills, both technically and professionally.
- You understand how to analyze what an end user needs.
- Experience in large codebases and open source frameworks is a bonus.
- Willingness to work in Amsterdam.